Friday, February 1, 2008
If so, then being a caregiver for Home Sweet Home Pet Care may be the opportunity for you. We are seeking reliable, honest caregivers to care for our clients’ beloved pets in their homes. Most pets are more comfortable surrounded by the regular sights, sounds and smells of home when their families are away so Home Sweet Home Pet Care brings the care to them. We offer PURRsonalized Visits as well as overnight care, a.k.a. “Slumber PAWties”, and “ChaufFUR Service”.Caregivers may be asked to make one or more visit to a client’s home per day while they are at work or away, or you may be asked to actually stay at their home with their pets while they are out-of-town. You may also be called upon to pick up a pet and bring it to the vet, groomer or other location if their owner is not available. Whichever service our clients select, they expect you to be responsible for taking care of their furry family member as if it was your own. Tasks that you may be asked to perform while caring for pets include feeding, walking, and playing with pets, as well as changing litter boxes, replenishing water and administering medicine as needed. We also provide services such as watering plants and bringing in mail for clients who are out-of-town.
This is the perfect job for mature, responsible college students who need the flexibility to not work during exam week or between semesters, or for those who really want their own pet but cannot for one reason or another. Most overnight jobs allow you to come and go so those with day jobs may also be able to pick up extra money pet sitting. What better way to make money than by caring for animals that you love!
All caregivers must meet the following criteria:
- Must have a high school diploma.
- Must have experience with cats and dogs (Personal experience is acceptable.)
- Must have your own reliable transportation (Public transportation and borrowed vehicles do not qualify.)
- Must have cell phone and be easily reachable.
- Must be willing to meet all new clients and their pets at the home where the care will take place before commencement of each paid job.
- Must be able to provide personal and/or professional references and transcript if currently a student.
- Must be able to pass background check and be bonded.
- Must be drug free.
- Must have alternative care for your pets when you are on pet sitting jobs.
- Must be open to learning new things, such as pet first aid or training techniques.
There is no set number of hours that you must work per week and only must accept one job per month to remain on our caregiver roster. When you work, you will earn 50% of all services rendered, be reimbursed for mileage in some cases depending on the job location, and be eligible to receive a 25% discount at Generation Dog Boutique and the Rub-a-Dub Dog Bath House & Spa, both located in Downtown Homewood. To learn more about us and review our pet care pricing, visit www.generationdog.com, then apply in person at Generation Dog,1825 B 29th Ave South, Homewood, AL 35209
. For more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.